Details of 6 key findings from innovation research for health care leaders available in downloadable infographic
There are six practices common to health systems that are efficiently scaling and implementing innovation across their organizations, according to the latest research from the Center for Connected Medicine (CCM) and The Health Management Academy.
Based on extensive quantitative and qualitative surveys with top executives of leading health systems from across the US, the research findings are captured in a report, “Trends for Scaling Innovation.”
Check out key findings of the innovation in health care research by downloading the latest CCM infographic. The infographic provides details on:
- Where health systems are focusing their innovation initiatives and investments
- Top strategic drivers for innovation at health systems
- The executive levels typically leading innovation efforts
- And the processes in place that allow for faster scaling of innovation initiatives
6 Trends for Scaling Innovation in Health Care
- Define innovation. Set a system-level definition for innovation, with C-suite buy-in
- Align with goals. Ladder up innovation initiatives to health systems’ strategic goals
- Structure people + process. Create a formal innovation department and scaling process to support efficiency across health systems
- Empower decision makers. Allocate a dedicated budget and appoint an executive with decision-making power for innovation strategy
- Simplify sign-off. Reduce number of individuals involved in decision-making around innovation to increase speed of scaling innovation
- Maximize strengths. Maximize strengths and capabilities of health systems and elect partners for their unique abilities
Hear from health system innovation experts in CCM webinar
Watch the CCM’s webinar to hear four health system leaders discuss key research findings and the next frontier of innovation within their organizations.
Experts from Duke, Ochsner, UPMC, and Yale talk about their innovation priorities and strategies to scaling innovation during the event.