Last updated: May 14, 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE. By accessing the Site, you agree that your access and use are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with these Terms and the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, USA, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
These terms, materials referenced in these terms, and the content of the SITE are subject to change at CCM’S sole discretion. Any changes made are effective upon posting. It is your responsibility to review these terms each time you access THE SITE, because you will be bound by any changes made.
General Website Disclaimer
The Site is a general purpose website that provides information about CCM and its partners and other educational resources.
CCM disclaims all liability whatsoever for any documentation, information, programs, software, or other material that is or may become a part of the Site. CCM does not warrant or guarantee that it will be available for your use, that the information will not be offensive to you, or that it will meet your needs and requirements.
By accessing and/or using the Site, you agree not to:
- use or access the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- access any portion of the Site, or any systems or networks connected to the Site, by hacking, password mining or any other illegitimate or unlawful means;
- create or maintain any link from another site to any page on the Site without CCM’s prior written permission;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or access to it;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site or access to it any virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware, or other harmful computer code, file, or program;
- restrict or inhibit the ability of any other person to access or use the Site;
- modify, adapt, reproduce, record, display, perform, distribute, or translate any portion or content of the Site, including video, photographic, and audio content;
- run or display the Site (or any material or content on the Site) in frames or through similar means on another site, application or location, without CCM’s prior written consent; or
- remove, obscure or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site.
Links TO OTHER SITES
The Site may include links to third party websites and content. These links are provided for your convenience and do not carry any specific endorsement or warranty. If you decide to access these linked websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. You agree that CCM shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred because of your access or use of these websites. CCM does not monitor or review the content of such third party websites and you acknowledge and agree that We:
- are not responsible for such websites, including the terms on which such websites are made available and/or the privacy policies of such websites, and do not control their content or availability; and
- make no representation, warranty or condition, either express or implied, in relation to any goods or services or information received from such websites.
CCM’s goal is to provide high-quality information through the content on the Site. We define “content” as all text, images, graphics, infographics, articles, tables, audio and video recordings, menu icons, bars, listings, indices, and functions that support content such as links, navigation, searches, and calculations. We attempt to provide accurate and current information that will be useful to the reader.
You may not take material from the Site and reformat, repost, or redisplay it for commercial purposes.
We specifically disclaim any guarantees or warranties, whether expressed or implied, as set forth in detail below. It is the responsibility of visitors to our websites to evaluate the information we provide and determine its relevancy and usefulness to them.
CCM shall not be held responsible for content submitted by other social media site users. CCM also reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any posts, graphics, comments, videos, photos, or any other content that:
- Is libelous, defamatory, or disparaging
- Violates another party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights
- Affects the privacy rights of any individuals
- Condones or promotes illegal activity
- Is inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive
- Uses harsh, obscene, hateful, or threatening language
- Is spam, or is intended to cause technical disruptions to a CCM website or social media site
- Offers unauthorized advice or tips
- Markets commercial products or solicits monetary contributions to any organization
- Is off-topic or excessive
- Violates any applicable law
CCM is not obligated to respond to any post or request for information or advice made on a social media site.
Your use of the Site is at your sole risk and is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. CCM and its affiliates expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to:
- Warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement;
- Warranties that (i) the Site will meet your requirements, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained through the Site will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors associated the Site will be corrected;
- Any inaccuracies or defects in the information, software, communication lines, the Internet or your Internet service provider (ISP), computer hardware or software, or any other service or device that you use to access our websites and apps; and
- Warranties regarding information obtained by you through the Site.
You shall be solely and fully responsible for any use or disclosure of information caused by you or any person using your username and password. CCM does not assume any responsibility for any loss, damages, or liabilities arising from the failure of telecommunications infrastructure, the Internet, or your misuse of any protected information, advice, ideas, information, instructions, or guidelines accessed through the Site. Should you have reason to believe that your information is not accurate, you should contact CCM immediately.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall CCM, any CCM affiliates, or any CCM licensor or supplier be liable in any way for your use of the Site, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, any infringement of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Site.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall CCM or any of its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to damages resulting from: (i) personal injury, wrongful death, loss of use, loss of profits, interruption of service, or loss of data; or (ii) mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of god, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to your records, programs, or services, and whether in any action in warranty, contract, or tort (including but not limited to negligence or breach), or otherwise arising out of or in any way connected with the use of, or the inability to use, your account or any service accessed through your account or any material or information contained in, accessed through, or products purchased on, the Site, even if CCM (including its affiliates, any CCM licensor or supplier, any third party that promotes the Site or provides a link to the service) is advised of the likelihood or possibility of the same.
You acknowledge and agree that CCM and its affiliates’ aggregate liability to you for any claim of damages, losses, fees, charges, expenses, or liabilities, and in circumstances where the foregoing limitation is finally determined to be unavailable, shall not exceed the fee paid by you for the good or services that gave rise to the claim.
All text, images, information, video, data, music, trademarks, trade names, trade dress, service marks, logos, layout, and other content displayed on the Site, as well as all underlying code and software, are owned and/or licensed by CCM and are subject to and protected by all applicable U.S. copyright, competition, trademark, and other laws and regulations. Nothing contained on the Site is a license or right to use any element of the Site without the express written permission of CCM or the applicable third party owner.
Your Personal Information
CCM will use appropriate means to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of any requested email correspondence. However, CCM will not be liable in the event that you or anyone else inappropriately uses your email. If you decide to use email to communicate with CCM, you should be aware of the following risks and/or your responsibilities:
- As the Internet is not secure or private, unauthorized people may be able to intercept, read and possibly modify e-mail you send or are sent by CCM.
- Since e-mail can be used to spread viruses, some which cause e-mail messages to be sent to people who you do not intend to send e-mail messages to, you should install and maintain virus protection software on your PC.
- If you provide an employer-issued email account to communicate with CCM, you understand and agree that your employer may have the right to access all email sent thereto.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that the Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Waiver & Entirety
If you have any questions concerning these Terms, please contact CCM at: email@example.com
Center for Connected Medicine
U.S. Steel Tower
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh PA, 15219