Download white paper for key takeaways and summary of discussion on the future of primary care featuring top health systems
The Center for Connected Medicine (CCM) hosted a discussion on the importance of primary care in boosting patient access at health systems. With a mission to connect and inspire leaders and innovators who want to advance health care and serve as a resource for information on the future of digital health, the CCM’s roundtable for primary care leaders provided an outlet for candid discussion on primary care revitalization at health systems.
The discussion, which was facilitated by Dr. David Blumenthal of The Commonwealth Fund, focused on what health system leaders are doing to learn from and incorporate new models of primary care. A white paper summarizing the discussion and key takeaways can be downloaded at the link above.
The invitation-only virtual roundtable, “Patient Access and Primary Care: Revitalization at Health Systems,” featured nine executives and experts on primary care from some of the nation’s premier health systems. Following opening remarks by David Blumenthal, MD, President of The Commonwealth Fund, the roundtable participants engaged in a collaborative discussion on the following topics:
- How health systems will relate to new innovative primary care models.
- What technologies, innovations, and programs are effective in improving patient access to routine care.
- Steps that can be taken to revitalize primary care in health systems.
The following health system executives and experts on primary care took part in the Top of Mind Exchange virtual roundtable, “Patient Access and Primary Care: Revitalization at Health Systems.”
- Naresh Agarwal, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Primary Care, Intermountain
- David Blumenthal, MD, President, The Commonwealth Fund (opening remarks and facilitator)
- Ken Cohen, MD, National Senior Medical Director at OptumCare and Executive Director, Clinical Research, UnitedHealth Group R&D
- Tracey Conti, MD, Chair, Family Medicine, The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- David Kim, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Executive, Physician Enterprise, Providence
- Amy Meister, DO, Associate Chief Medical Officer, UPMC Health Plan
- Lisa Rotenstein, MD, Medical Director of Population Health, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- David Russell, Vice President, Strategic Planning, UPMC
- Prathibha Varkey, MBBS, President, Mayo Clinic Health System
More from the CCM’s Top of Mind program
Learn more about the full Top of Mind Online virtual learning series
Panel Discussion: Hear from health system experts on patient access and key findings of Top of Mind research
Research Report: Top of Mind research finds that improving patient access is a top priority for health systems