“Building Trust in the Cloud” features panel of cybersecurity experts discussing exclusive CCM research on health system perceptions of cloud information security in health care
Hospitals and health systems are investing in cloud computing as they work to more easily share data, improve consumer-facing services, and deploy analytical solutions that can advance patient outcomes and reduce costs.
Despite these advantages, security concerns are limiting the use of the public cloud in health care, according to the results of a survey by HIMSS Media and the Center for Connected Medicine (CCM). But is the perception of cloud insecurity among health care professionals grounded in reality?
The survey suggests these concerns may be inflated. Fewer than 10% of survey respondents could point to a known security incident linked to cloud infrastructure or applications.
The CCM, which convenes leaders and innovators to discuss top issues in health IT, addresses the issue of cloud cybersecurity during a webinar, “Building Trust in the Cloud.” Featuring insights from top experts on cybersecurity, cloud computing, and health IT, the presentation focuses on what the findings mean for health care and how health care providers can strike a balance between information security and access to data.
Watch the webinar:
- John P. Houston, Vice President, Privacy and Information Security, and Associate Counsel, UPMC
- Gus Hunt, Managing Director and Cyber Strategy Lead, Accenture Federal Services
- Matt Silva, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, GE Healthcare
- Moderator: Peter Burrows, Technology Reporter
WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH:
- Learn details of exclusive research into the cloud cybersecurity perceptions of health systems’ business and IT professionals.
- Hear insights on risks and benefits of the cloud from top health IT experts.
- Explore strategies of health systems to advance cybersecurity protections in the cloud.
- Discover the latest cloud technologies and perspectives on private versus public cloud infrastructure.
Read more about the CCM’s cloud cybersecurity research
Are health care’s cloud cybersecurity concerns ground in reality? Download a summary to learn more about what health systems reported in a survey.